EconPol Europe – the European network for economic and fiscal policy research - is a network of 14 policy-oriented university and non-university research institutes across 12 countries, who contribute scientific expertise to the discussion of the future design of the European Union. The network’s joint interdisciplinary research covers sustainable growth and best practice, reform of EU policies and the EU budget, capital markets and the regulation of the financial sector, and governance and macroeconomic policy in the European Monetary Union.
The network was founded in spring 2017 by the ifo Institute, along with eight renowned European research institutes. A further five associate partners* were added to the network in January 2019.
The foundation of EconPol Europe was made possible by an initiative of the German Federal Ministry of Finance (BMF) to intensify and deepen cross-border research and cooperation in Europe. The ifo Institute was commissioned by the BMF to set up this independent network, providing evidence-based policy advice to inform the economic and fiscal policy debate in Europe.
- ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich e. V. (ifo; Munich, Germany)
- Centre d’Études Prospectives et d’Informations Internationales (CEPII; Paris, France)
- Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS; Brussels, Belgium)
- CERGE-EI (Prague, Czech Republic)*
- CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (The Hague, Netherlands)*
- Institut für Höhere Studien (IHS; Vienna, Austria)
- Instituto Universitario de Economia at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)*
- KOF Swiss Economic Institute at ETH Zurich (Zurich, Switzerland)*
- REM at the Lisbon School of Economics and Management of the Universidade de Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)*
- Toulouse School of Economics (Toulouse, France),
- Università di Trento (Department of Economics and Management) (Trento, Italy),
- University of Oxford (Centre for Business Taxation) (Oxford, Great Britain),
- VATT Institute for Economic Research (VATT; Helsinki, Finland)
- ZEW – Leibniz-Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung GmbH Mannheim (ZEW; Mannheim, Germany)